Sunday, August 20, 2006

One month remaining....

No way, are you kidding me ?

How could it be ? It is like I arrived in Estonia few months ago but this week I will celebrate my first and last whole year in this wonderful Baltic State.

If I want to sum up what happened during this year :
- from September 05 to January 06, I ended my student life, passed my master degree and met great people from all over the world.
- from February 06 and August 06, I had to do my last intership and here is the beginning of the Skype story.

The internship within Skype Estonia is a technical multi-tasks role. I’ve worked for the last six month in the Developer Support team and I’m the first employee in that team. This parameter was a great motivation for me and it enabled a good interaction in the definition of the service and the support process workflows.

The Skype Developer Support Organization must:
• give developers the tools they need to help themselves: technical documentation, issue tracking system, knowledge base, etc;
• strengthen the developer community by encouraging developers to help each other and rewarding them for doing so;
• make premium services available to developers who really need dedicated effort of Skype's own personnel;
• minimize the support workload on our internal developers.

Responsibilities:

• tracking and resolving the support requests filed by developer community members;
• keeping the status of support requests constantly up to date so that they could be handed over to other Developer Support Technicians (DST) or escalated;
• strictly following the response targets promised to the premium support users, and escalating the cases as necessary;
• formulating internal development requests (bug reports and feature requests) if necessary for resolving the incoming request, and providing the external developers with fix-time estimates;
• reporting documentation-related issues to the Technical Author;
• tracking the externally-generated bug reports and feature requests as time permits, and reporting verified and confirmed bugs to the internal bug tracking system.

Now this role is going to end within a month and I'm giving a hand to hire the new DST person with wolli before moving out to London... Stay tuned the story has just started...

Thanks again my sweet Estonia, you were such a nice person to meet and above all you had taken care of me. Musi (love)

2 Comments:

At 19:15, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Un petit bonjour, d'un ancien (mais plus jeune) de la Chorale de Passy, qui suit ta carrière de loin!

J'ai fait la tournée aux USA en même temps que toi, j'étais en 6eme.

Enfin bref, j'ai été pas mal surpris de retrouver quelqu'un que je connaisse (même si peu) sur le site de skype!

Très bonne continuation à toi !

 
At 13:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Antoine !

Nice to see that you are writing a blog.
I am really happy to have share with you this great first semester in Estonia.
I wish you all the best and hope to see you probably in London if I come to see my brother in England.

Keep in touch and take care !
The little Firenze.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home