No way, are you kidding me ?
How could it be ? It is like I arrived in Estonia few months ago but this week I will celebrate my first and last whole year in this wonderful Baltic State.
If I want to sum up what happened during this year :
- from September 05 to January 06, I ended my student life, passed my master degree and met great people from all over the world.
- from February 06 and August 06, I had to do my last intership and here is the beginning of the Skype story.
The internship within Skype Estonia is a technical multi-tasks role. I’ve worked for the last six month in the Developer Support
team and I’m the first employee in that team. This parameter was a great motivation for me and it enabled a good interaction in the definition of the service and the support process workflows.
The Skype Developer Support Organization must:
• give developers the tools they need to help themselves: technical documentation, issue tracking system, knowledge base, etc;
• strengthen the developer community by encouraging developers to help each other and rewarding them for doing so;
• make premium services available to developers who really need dedicated effort of Skype's own personnel;
• minimize the support workload on our internal developers.
• tracking and resolving the support requests filed by developer community members;
• keeping the status of support requests constantly up to date so that they could be handed over to other Developer Support Technicians (DST) or escalated;
• strictly following the response targets promised to the premium support users, and escalating the cases as necessary;
• formulating internal development requests (bug reports and feature requests) if necessary for resolving the incoming request, and providing the external developers with fix-time estimates;
• reporting documentation-related issues to the Technical Author;
• tracking the externally-generated bug reports and feature requests as time permits, and reporting verified and confirmed bugs to the internal bug tracking system.
Now this role is going to end within a month and I'm giving a hand to hire the new DST person with wolli
before moving out to London... Stay tuned the story has just started...
Thanks again my sweet Estonia, you were such a nice person to meet and above all you had taken care of me. Musi (love)